MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIFE OF a GIRL- Volunteers Needed for September 2016 Start.
Inspire Girl Greatness
Volunteering with Girl Guides of Canada is a rewarding way to help girls and young women develop the best in themselves. The dedication and commitment of our volunteers helps girls develop the qualities and skills that will take them through life and allows Girl Guides to offer fun and relevant programming to over 70,000 girls across Canada.
Benefits of Volunteering
When you volunteer with Girl Guides of Canada, not only do you enrich the lives of girls, you gain a personally rewarding experience. Take advantage of the personal and professional development opportunities that Guiding offers:
• Develop skills in areas such as leadership, event planning, advocacy, communications and more
• Mentoring and training programs , international travel
• Post-secondary scholarships , great for the resume
• Interested in joining our organization and you live/work in Vancouver Please Contact Us!
The most common way to get involved is as one of our unit Guiders. These are the leaders that plan, prepare, and execute our unit's weekly meetings and special events. Units usually meet once per week for about an hour and a half, plus occasional special events (including some overnight events like sleepovers and camps). Taking into account planning and other related tasks, a reasonable estimate of the time commitment is 10-15 hours per month.
Our Units meet Downtown, 8th & Alma, 25th & Oak, and 20th & Cambie., and we divide girls into branches as follows: Sparks (age 5-6), Brownies (7-8), Guides (9-11), & Pathfinders (12-14),
All adult members are required to complete a screening process including an interview, a police criminal records check and one mandatory training session. Additional trainings, plus support in the form of mentorship and resources are available as well.
Right now, we are especially recruiting Guiders for the 2016-2017 year (September- June) in the following capacities:
• Brownie Leaders (Monday Nights at Oak & 25th)
• Brownie Leaders (Tuesday Nights Downtown)
• Brownie Leaders (Tuesday Nights at Alma & 8th)
• Guide Leaders (Monday Nights at Cambie & 20th)
• Guide Leaders ( Tuesday Nights Downtown)
• Guide Leaders (Tuesday Nights at Cambie & 20th)
• Guide Leaders ( Thursday Nights at Cambie & 20th)
• Pathfinder Leaders (Monday Nights Downtown)
Get in touch now and we can talk about whether you would be a good fit. The best way to initiate contact is by replying to this ad. Send a message to Andrea or Jennifer ( Kitsilano-Fairview District Commissioners) with a note about which group you would like to volunteer with and why, and then we'll walk you through the next steps for screening and placement.
Girl Guides of Canada is part of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, which is the world's largest volunteer organization for girls and women. Get involved today!